Following up my post about uploading Storyline content to EdShare, this one describes how you can embed Storyline content on a page in Blackboard. You use the <iframe> function, which embeds one web page within another. This works for VGA screens (1024×768 pixels).
- Create a content Item in Blackboard and give it a name e.g. Interactive Sea Anemone
- Click the HTML button on the text area’s menu:
- Copy-and-paste this code into the pop-up window, replace the blue link with the correct link and click the Update button:
<p align=”left”><iframe width=”100%” height=”658″ align=”left” src=”https://blackboard.soton.ac.uk/bbcswebdav/
- Click the Submit button to complete and view this Item.
So, the only question is “what is the correct link I need to use?”
If the resource is in EdShare, right-click the Download link to the story.html file and copy that.
You can upload the Storyline files directly to Blackboard if you wish:
- Access the Files area of your course’s Control Panel.
- Create a Folder and give it a name e.g. sea-anemone.
- Click the new folder’s name – it contains no files yet.
- Upload a ZIP Package – select the ZIP file containing your Storyline content.
- The ZIP file is uploaded and unzipped into your new folder.
- Right-click the file story.html and copy its link – that is the one to use. e.g.
If you want the content to be viewed full-screen, then you can’t embed it – just add a Web link item that opens in a new tab or window. Note that you will also need to have set your Storyline output to run full-screen; here are the settings you need in the Player’s Other properties: