Next Generation Reaction Platforms: Technology Showcase
4th April 2013, Brunel University London
WHAT: An opportunity to
- Showcase novel and prototype technology
- Identify technology gaps in terms of DaM aims
- Build collaborations to
- Further develop (or find new applications for) the available technology
- Develop equipment to fill the identified gaps
- APPLY FOR FUNDING/DRAFT FUNDING PROPOSALS
|CMAC and Dial-a-Molecule are making available PROOF OF CONCEPT FUNDING to invite proposals addressing the NGRP CHALLENGES set out below. The afternoon session is reserved for developing the proposals and provide some early peer review at the event.
Download as a PDF here
MEETING OUTCOMES: PROPOSALS FOR A PORTFOLIO OF TECHNOLOGY PROJECTS
High priority NGRP Challenges to address:
- 3D printing of laboratory accessories/reactors that are chemically resistant
- Materials preparation and handling (including reactor preparation – self cleaning reactors)
- RFID for in-situ monitoring and real-time feedback
- Supercritical fluid separation (addressing practical aspects for widespread implementation)
- Equipment for laboratory-scale continuous work-up operations (e.g. liquid/liquid extractions, micro-distillation)
CMAC are prepared to support one proposal for a feasibility study in CHALLENGE NUMBER 5 – Equipment for laboratory-scale continuous work-up operations. Funds for one 3-month project are ring-fenced subject to obtaining matched funding from a partner source.
HOW TO ENGAGE AT THE EVENT:
- Tell us your top priority needs for reactor platforms.
- Describe 1-3 priority needs aligned with Dial-a-Molecule goals in the form of a flash presentation (2 slides, 2 minutes strictly)
- Themes and goals are described in the DaM NGRP Roadmap.
- Share your innovative equipment developments at the meeting.
- Make use of free exhibition and poster space to showcase developments aligned with the Dial-a-Molecule EPSRC Grand Challenge.
- NB. Equipment suppliers will benefit from representation by technical staff at this meeting, to enable efficient participation in discussion groups
- Bring your ideas for feasibility studies addressing the 5 priority challenges to the round table.
- We strongly encourage collaborative projects and the event provides good networking opportunity.
- Engage via reviewing the current NGRP roadmap.