On 17th May the Dial-a-Molecule Executive Group submitted a statement to BIS in response to Prof. Sir John O’Reilly’s invite for comments on key priorities for the spending review FY 2015/2016.
In this letter the following key recommendations were made:
- Continue support for science and research through protection of the research budget and related capital spending
- Increase the Government Expenditure on Research and Development to 0.7% GDP and maintain this level of funding in real terms for the longer term
- Review priority areas and ensure resource focus to maintain technology lead
- Enhance collaboration of the research councils and the TSB to enable transitioning in cutting-edge cross-disciplinary research and innovation efforts
- Provide support for the Chemistry Growth Strategy and establishing of the proposed Chemicals Council