As the MAGS 2021 will be virtual due to the circumstances, no bursaries will be given. However, the organising committee of MAGS will award scholarships supported by Honor Frost Foundation and the Institute of Mediterranean Archaeology (ARKAIA, AMU, France) for the best paper and poster presentation. The scholarships will consist of a financial support up to 500 euros each to attend an International Conference on Maritime Archaeology.
Unfortunately, this year bursaries are not available, as the MAGS 2021 will be virtual. Previous years, the Honor Frost Foundation (HFF) was offering the opportunity for postgraduate students from the eastern Mediterranean region* to apply for support in the form of bursaries to present at the symposium. The amount of the bursary was a lump sum to cover the costs of transportation, accommodation, registration and visas (if required).
- Eligible applicants must come from the HFF region*.
- Applicants must be at Master or PhD level, in progress or recently awarded.
- Successful applicants are required to submit an activity report within one month of attending the conference; a template for the report will be provided.
*The HFF region here is defined as Cyprus, Lebanon, Syria and Egypt. However, please note that this is not open to students registered at the Centre for Maritime Archaeology and Underwater Cultural Heritage (CMAUCH) as alternative funding is available: contact Emad Khalil for details.
- Application must include a short CV.
- Applicants must submit a financial report including the expenses of flight tickets and accommodation. If a visa is required by the applicant, this must be included in the financial report.
- Applicants’ CV and financial report must be a pdf file saved as LastName_Bursary2020.pdf.