Maija Salomaa

maija

My name is Maija Salomaa. I study the master’s programme in Governance and Policy here at the University of Southampton. Before coming to Southampton, I studied my undergraduate degree in Sweden and in Turkey. However Finland is the country I call home. I have always had a passion for travelling and the new experiences I can experience through travel. For me it has been the best way to meet people from different backgrounds, enhance my degree and improve my language skills. Apart from travelling, my interests include yoga and outdoor activities such as scuba diving and having walks by the beach or in countryside views.

I joined the Intercultural Impact Awards because I believe that in today’s multicultural society, everyone can benefit from understanding different cultures, ways of living and languages other than just their own. I see the Intercultural Impact Awards as an exciting opportunity to bring different cultures and the community of Southampton together, as well as creating closer ties with the university and the community. I am enthusiastic about the upcoming year of intercultural exploration and I look forward to working towards more intercultural Southampton together with our team.

Maija Salomaa