Meet the new Arts Ambassadors: Annette Warner

Introducing one of our new Art Ambassadors Annette Warner, a third year (BA) Fine Art student at Winchester School of Art, who explains her ambitions in the world of the arts and as an Arts Ambassador

After taking that big leap of faith into doing a degree in the arts (controversial I know), I am currently immersed in my final year of a Fine Art  degree within the Winchester School of Art campus, and can safely say I am living up the creativity to the max.

Doing a Fine Art degree, as you can imagine, can get you a lot of stick from people ill-informed in terms of career prospects, life opportunities and ‘success rates’. And reaching the third year of my degree, my determination to clear these misconceptions is stronger than ever. I feel proud and am eager to represent my field in its best light.

I feel excited in being able to champion what my drive is about, promoting the exciting Arts and Culture events on offer in fresh and inspiring ways for other students to get involved with, both within Southampton and at WSA also. Being an Arts Ambassador is an incredible opportunity to encourage others to begin or continue their enjoyment in arts and feel confident in its benefits as a rich progressive way of understanding the world around us. I want to bridge the alienating gap between art and other subjects, both socially and physically between campuses. To cut a lengthy bio short, what I want to achieve in being an Arts Ambassador is to get everyone as excited in the arts as I am.

Arts Ambassadors is a paid opportunity, supported by the Careers and Employability Service’s Excel Southampton Internship programme, University of Southampton.

Published by

Arts at University of Southampton

Whether you’re a student, staff or from our wider community, there are plenty of exciting cultural opportunities for everyone through Arts at University of Southampton.