Finally , I made it to Southampton. Hurrah!

But before I can settle down, I’ve to scurry around and sort out a myriad of issues ranging from rushing to classes, BRP collection, to grocery shopping, and bank appointments.

whatsapp-image-2016-10-02-at-19-06-54

One of those things that kept me busy for a good part of the month is the multitude of fascinatingly different clubs and societies that, unfortunately, I’ve been missing out the past 2 years.

Just to name a few, there was a kayaking club that was incredibly fun where they let us get our hand, feet(and posterior regrettably) wet, as we took a glimpse at what the club had to offer with a short outing on the river where we learnt to appreciate the insulation on the wetsuit.

whatsapp-image-2016-10-02-at-14-32-40

One club that stood out, was the Archery Club where we could live out our fantasies as a steady William Tell, a philanthropic Robin Hood or pointy eared Legolas. The taster sessions were held in the Jubilee Sports Center where there was plenty of space to try out our hand with the bow. I soon found out that what I lacked in accuracy, I made up in consistency. Which is nice to know, despite the fact that I was actually trying to correct my aim whist I was doing so. Must remember to turn off auto-aim next time.

whatsapp-image-2016-10-01-at-16-28-37

Another club that I easily spent the entire afternoon at was the Skiing and Snowboarding Club where they held brief introductions to the sports. They gave a quick crash course on the dry slope where we learnt the basics to ski and snowboard. Easily the most tiring club so far, but the exhilaration as we picked up the tips and tricks was undoubtedly worth the effort as the sense of euphoria through the week. Definitely something I would recommend trying in the future.

whatsapp-image-2016-10-01-at-16-28-37-3

A quick look around Societies.