In this third blog, I was asked to share my experience of my internship which has been incredibly eye-opening and helped me understand how the University works.

Lottie James – Education undergraduate

As part of one of the work streams, we’re working on implementing peer mentoring schemes into courses. This is great because this is something I want to do in the future as SUSU’s VP Education and Democracy. We are also looking into ways that academic societies can offer more support and guidance.
One of my favourite work streams is the Blackboard workstream because it means I can support and offer student feedback to one of the tools that students use the most. I have been gathering feedback from other students and I have been lucky enough to be able to work closely with the team and be part of the project even further than CHEP allows.

Working as an intern has been incredibly eye-opening and has helped me understand how the university works, trains staff and considers student feedback into every new change they make. I have been able to work with senior staff across the university, use my skills and experience to provide feedback and information, as well as work with other current students to discuss ideas. I am very excited for my ideas to take shape across the university, and support CHEP with continuously gathering and using student feedback to improve and enhance the student experience.

I have really enjoyed my time working as a CHEP Project Lead Intern. I have been lucky enough to work on various projects which directly impact the student experience, from improving personalised learning, supporting the transitions project, working with the iSolutions team to improve Blackboard and supporting library improvements. 

CHEP intern project lead blog – Lottie James