Over, the next few weeks the interns and I will be sharing our experiences of our internship, with you the wider CHEP community. It was agreed that this would be a good way for the wider CHEP community to learn more about the interns and the work that we are doing. Additionally, it is beneficial for us as it enables us to be reflective about the skills we have developed and how the internship will contribute to wider life goals.

Busola Egunnike – Final year Politics and International Relations student

Since starting my position as a CHEP Intern it has been a whirlwind, our induction was thorough but very intense, a quick tour of everyone and everything we needed to know. Additionally, it was the first time I met the other interns and it gave us an amazing insight to the various work packages that we could contribute to. Now that I have been in the role for a while, I can truly say that I am enjoying the experience and the research I have been undertaking. I currently work on the Inclusive Education and Enhancing Academic Transitions workstreams. One thing I am truly appreciating about this internship is the fact that I have been able to tailor my workload to ensure that I am working on things I enjoy. I have been able to focus on projects and tasks that focus on qualitative research, which is where my skill set lies.

I have also been able to pick up the role of Student Intern Manager, which is unlike anything I have done before. However, I have really been enjoying the responsibilities I have been given. Alongside Bobbi I have had one-to-one sessions with the other interns, just to find out how they have been finding things. So far so good. Additionally, I have attended a lot more meetings than I ever have. Although, they have been extremely eye opening and interesting – I have been able to get a better understanding of the different workstreams. Additionally, everyone has been so welcoming and inviting.

Overall, I have really been enjoying my experience and the internship so far. I look forward to seeing the results of the various work packages and tasks, that myself and the others have been working on. I also know that the impact of the work packages will be great, and I am glad that people are undertaking this work as it is very much needed.

CHEP intern project lead blog – Busola Egunnike