Third centre opens: 5 consented on the first day!

This week on Thursday Solent NHS Trust, opened to inviting people with heart failure to participate in SYMPACT. Lead by Jo Taylor (Research Nurse for Older Persons and Mental Health) as principle investigator and supported by Lindsey Cooke (Research Practitioner). Together they did an amazing job and in their first day had 5 people who agreed to help with SYMPACT! Four of these people have already completed their questionnaires! Very happy and grateful for their help and those people with heart failure who have been so generous to share their experience with me!

Combined with Portsmouth Hospital NHS Trust and University Hospitals of Southampton NHS Foundation Trust, the total number of people who have agreed to help with SYMPACT now stands at 152 with 139 who have had all their data entered into the database by the research staff at each site. We are only 23 away from the halfway mark! At the moment this means we are pretty much at time to target for my original goals.

SYMPACT and my project would not be doing this well with out all the support of the research nurses and CTA’s who are helping me with the project and many others (Wessex CRN, R&I departments, and the Portsmouth Technology Trials Unit)!