This tool will only work for staff who have been set up with permissions to access it. Please talk to your team administrator or raise a ticket with ServiceLine if you need access.
- Ensure you are connected to the VPN (or on campus)
- Log into Blackboard and go to your full courses view.
- Locate the “Staff Tools” and select “Staff Course Enroller”.
You will see two or three tabs at the top of the page depending on the permissions you have.
You can search for course ID, course name or just key words. The search will return the latest academic year at the top of the list. The search will return a maximum of 100 courses.
- Search for any Blackboard course and select “Search” or press Enter on your keyboard.
- Select the course ID of a course and you will automatically be enrolled on the course. You will also be taken directly to that Blackboard course.
- OR use the check boxes on bulk enrol onto courses quickly.
This shows the list of courses you have enrolled on using this tool. A maximum of 100 courses will be listed.
- Select the Unenrol tab at the top of the page.
- Locate the course you would like to be removed from.
- Select “Remove” and you will be unenrolled from the course.
- Select the Admin tools tab
- Select “user enrolments” from the drop down menu
- Search for a user (by username) to bring up a list of their enrolments.
- You can see the courses they are enrolled on, and the course role they are enrolled with, and you may unenrol them from courses.
A maximum of 100 courses will be listed.
Note: You can find someone’s username by searching for them in Microsoft Teams
Only staff with the correct permissions can access the course enroller. You can add/remove permissions on this page.
- Select the Admin Tools tab
- Select “User Permissions” from the drop down menu
- Search for a username
- Use the drop-down menu to select a role
- Select “Submit” to apply the role
- “Remove” to remove the role
If you search for your own username, it is possible to remove your own permissions. This will only take effect when you refresh the session. Please ask another Library Administrator or ServiceLine to reinstate your permission if you remove them by accident.
Course Admin – View (COURSE_VIEW)
All staff given this role will be able to use the course enroller tool, and add themselves to Blackboard courses with a “Course Admin – View” course role. This is a view-only access to Blackboard courses.
Library Staff (LIBRARIAN_STAFF)
All staff given this role will be able to use the course enroller tool, and add themselves to Blackboard courses with a “Library Staff” course role. This role has some editing rights.
Staff with both the “Course Admin – View” and “Library Staff” permissions will appear on courses as Library Staff.
Library Administrator (LIBRARIAN_ADMIN)
All staff given this role will be able to see and use the course “Admin Tools” tab. They will be able to view Library staff enrolments, unenrol Library staff from courses, and delegate Library staff user permissions.