“PETA tricking the viewers”

PETA (People for Ethical Treatment of Animals) is an animal rights organisation that works towards animal liberation.

Behind the Leather.

This commercial starts off like a luxury clothing and accessory advert but it quickly takes a turn when clients discover the bloody insides of the items. I found this very artistic and clever however believed it was not the right way to go about making someone change the way they think about leather. I think anybody’s initial reaction would be to be repelled and not want to think about it ever again. The viewer could even feel angry at the PETA organisation for tricking people into embarrassing themselves in front of cameras and being portrayed as bad people.

Silent Scream.

I found this advert the most efficient compared to all of the previous. I noticed the way it manipulates the viewer’s feelings by showing them situations that would make anybody feel sad and uncomfortable and then comparing those situations to a daily scene of a chef preparing a meal…the main ingredient being a fish who is screaming but not being heard. This is the technique I decided to use for my advert.