Inspiration for my location and shoot

For my commercial I decided on two different locations for the shoot, one being shot inside a film studio using a backdrop, and the other location being inside a hairdressers in Southampton Portswood that featured plants and greenery as part of its interior design.

However when visiting the hairdressers to request to film in the salon, the owner was not happy with me filming in there, so I have now been researching for more ideas and inspiration for the second location.

As my commercial is based on a nude and neutral clothing collection named ‘Bare All’ it is important that the location is minimalistic and uses neutral colors and lighting. I have there fore decided on using a location based around nature as well as shooting with in the studio.

Looking at existing adverts that use nature settings for location I have looked at Louis Vuitton SERIES 1 Fashion Campaign shot by Bruce Weber shown in video below. I really like the use of sky and cloud shots as well as the close ups of the coastal backgrounds along side the model posing and think this is something that would work really well for my commercial. I also think using grey and white tones for the shoot will reflect the clothing really well in the collection.  Lastly, I love how the editor has decided on overlapping some of the shots to create a transition effect, I believe it creates the advert to flow nicely. This is definitely something I will consider with in the editing stage of my production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIVe1Kn1fG4