Inspiration for my ‘Missguided’ advert

I have decided that for my 60-second film I am going to focus on creating a commercial for the online fashion brand Missguided. I have decided on this brand as it is a brand I buy from regularly so I am very aware with the kind of products they sell, however I also really like their existing commercials. However their current commercials are predominately used online on sites such as Youtube, as well as on their online site (www.missguided.com). So I therefore want to create a commercial campaign that can be broadcasted in between television shows.Ā 

When sourcing inspiration for my film, I have looked online at the products and collections the brand sell and have noticed they group their products into themes/collections.

Following this I have also been inspired for my commercial from an exhibition I visitedĀ in the summer; Polly Nor ā€˜Its called art mum look it upā€™, in which it exhibited the illustrators artwork exploring what its like to be a 21st century woman. This has been an inspiration for my work as I have recognized that many of Missguided previous campaigns reflect largely on girl power which can be shown in the video below. As well as in their London Westfield Stratford stores they use empowering and satirical quotes in relation to girls and woman such as ā€œChin up or your crown will slipā€. So I believe itā€™s really important to reflect this in the commercial I am creating for the brand.Ā