When I was a kid, I wanted to be a grown up as fast as possible. I did not want to stay at the kid’s table in dinner parties – I wanted to be a “big boy” and joined the adults at whatever they are doing.

Fast forward to the first couple of years in university, I very much had the same idea in my head – I wanted to start working as soon as possible, so that I can make an impact, change lives and make the world a better place (millennial buzzwords).

But now that I am about to start my final year in university, it suddenly dawned on me: I don’t think that I’m quite ready to be an adult yet.

I probably used to think that, when I’m in my 20’s, I would have figured out what I want to do with my life, and how to get to where I want to be. But now that I am here, I do not seem to feel any different from how I was a few years ago. I am very much still figuring my life out!

It is only when I am standing at the edge of a cliff do I realise the magnitude of the shear drop.

That is why I felt so excited at the sight of my new timetable. It reminds me that I am still a student. I have one more year to try to figure out as much as possible until I graduate. And hopefully, I would have few regrets (need to manage expectations here) from the choices that I have made.

To end this post, here’s a tribute to the pioneering batch of USMC graduates. Having graduated, the existential issues that I pose here are perhaps more relevant to them, and I wish them all the best, and may they have their lives sorted out.

See our first ever graduates!

Academic staff and parents talk about the USMC graduates and offer words of wisdom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6Ph6hG5MK4

Aaron out.

FINAL YEAR!!!!!