The South East Museum Development Programme is working in partnership with the Heritage Lottery Fund and Classic Boat Museum to offer a special twilight LGBT+ Heritage Projects – Heritage Lottery Fund Briefing and Networking Event.
The event is scheduled to coincide with the launch of the Classic Boat Museum’s new display in its East Cowes Gallery about the extraordinary story of Joe Carstairs, ‘the fastest woman on water.’ The Classic Boat Museum holds a wealth of information about Joe’s time on the Isle of Wight, including trophies, albums, press cutting books and many photographs and has redeveloped its displays about Joe as part of the ‘Hidden Heroes of the Isle of Wight’ partnership project, supported with public funding by Arts Council England.
By taking part in the event, people can:
- Have a special tour of the Classic Boat Museum Gallery’s new display about Joe Carstairs.
- Find out about the Heritage Lottery Fund programmes that you can apply for projects that explore, commemorate and share the history of LGBT+ communities and their experiences.
- Hear some great examples of HLF-funded LGBT+ projects that are already happening.
- Get an update from HLF on how to access support for funding applications
- Network with others who are interested in developing LGBT+ history projects.
The event is free of charge and open to all. Full details and booking are here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/lgbt-heritage-projects-heritage-lottery-fund-briefing-and-networking-event-tickets-39948734741