Giuseppe grew up in Italy and obtained a Laurea Magistralis degree, magna cum laude, in 2002 at the University of Calabria, Italy. He took his PhD in 2005 under the supervision of Prof. M. Longeri and Prof. J. W. Emsley with a thesis on nuclear magnetic resonance in liquid-crystalline phases. In 2006 he joined, as a Post-Doctoral Researcher, the group of Prof. M. H. Levitt at the University of Southampton where he contributed, both experimentally and theoretically, to the development of the long-lived states idea, addressing many theoretical aspects of the topic and developing original experiments based on it. In 2011 he spent a year as a visitor researcher at the Department of Biochemistry and Cancer Research Institute (University of Cambridge) in Prof. K. M. Brindle’s group working on long-lived states and dynamic nuclear polarisation. At the University of Southampton Giuseppe was promoted to Senior Research Fellow in 2011 and to Lecturer in December 2015.
- 12/2005 – Ph.D., Physical Chemistry-Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, University of Calabria, Italy; Grade: Excellent
- 03/2002 – Laurea Magistralis, Physical Chemistry, University of Calabria, Italy; Grade: 110/110 Magna cum Laude
- 07/1996 – A-level High School Diploma, Scientific Lyceum, Italy; Grade: 60/60
Prices and Awards
- BRSG-NMRDG Award for Excellent Contribution to Magnetic Resonance (Feb 2015, awarded by the NMR Discussion Group of The Royal Society of Chemistry and the Radiofrequency Spectroscopy Group of the Institute of Physics, UK)
- Dean’s Prize (Dec 2013, awarded by the Faculty of Natural and Environmental Sciences, University of Southampton) for Outstanding contribution to Research.
- Member of the GIDRM board (Italian NMR Society, www.gidrm.org)
- Member of the Management Committee for the COST Action CA15209 (European Network on NMR Relaxometry)
- Coordinator of Short Term Scientific Missions (STSM) for the COST Action CA15209
- 29/01/2014-29/01/2020 Qualified as an Associate Professor in sector 03/A2 (Models and Methods in Chemistry) in Italy (Abilitazione Scientifica Nazionale)
- 07/02/2014-31/12/2018 Qualified as a Professor in sector 31 (Theoretical, Physics and Analytic Chemistry) in France (Qualification aux fonctions de Professeur des Universités, no. 14231252908)
- 07/02/2014-31/12/2018 Qualified as a Maître de conférences in sector 31 (Theoretical, Physics and Analytic Chemistry) in France (Qualification aux fonctions de Maître de conferences, no. 14131252908)