Blogging Workshops Feedback!

Typing/©Jisc/cc by-nd-nc
Typing/Jisc ©2004/cc by-nd-nc

I really enjoyed delivering the blogging workshops.  I think my natural place is at the front of a class, delivering some information (and maybe even wisdom!), and asking for feedback from the audience.  My co-presenters, Amanda and Houry, were also excellent to work with, and I really hope we delivered something useful.

I was very conscious that my personal style has been honed in the face of students ranging in age from 11 to 18, all of whom are essentially still children (yes, I know the eighteen-year-olds might not like to be described as children, but they hadn’t left home yet, and I’m not sure you really begin to mature until you have to do your own laundry, or the washing up EVERY DAY…), and need to be treated with humour and varying degrees of firmness.  I think I need to adjust my personal setting from ‘teacher’ to…. I don’t know…. trainer? coach? helper?   I had to keep reminding myself that this wasn’t the place to be authoritative, and that I wasn’t going to be judged in the same way as I would have been in an ordinary classroom.  It’s quite liberating, I can tell you!

Still, as usual, I learned more from you than I expect you learned from me and that, folks, is the joy of teaching!

Now, I’d like YOU to give myself, Amanda and Houry some feedback and tell us how we did.  Were your expectations met?  What did we do well?  Was there something we missed out, something you wanted to hear but didn’t?  This is your chance to let us know.  Here, there’s a link to our Padlet.  Please double-click anywhere on the page and let us know what you thought – good or otherwise.  You can leave your name or not – it’s entirely up to you!

Thank you, Sarah 😀

p.s. if you didn’t get to the workshop, here are the presentations we used….

Blog Workshop  WordPress